[willowbrook] Charles Cook

ccwheeless at comcast.net ccwheeless at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 00:59:15 CST 2004

Friends and Family,

First of all, thank you for all the prayers, cards, and phone calls you have showered my parents with since my father's illness.  They both appreciate all that you are doing for them to help out in their time of need.

My mom has taken my dad to Carraway ER tonight. He woke Saturday morning with terrible pain across the abdomen.  They pain has only increased as the day has gone by.  The Dr. on call wanted him to go to the ER here, but my dad wanted to be in Birmingham where his Dr.'s are just in case they decided to admit him to the hospital.

It is now Sunday morning, about 12:40.  I just spoke with my mom. They are propping him for a CAT scan of the abdomen.  The nurses just finished giving him a shot of Demerol and have put a NG tube in.  Mom says they are hoping that it is only a gallstone, and not a perforation in the gallbladder.  That could be very serious.  More than likely he will have his gallbladder removed, just pray that it is not perforated.
Test also show his pancreas to be inflamed as well as a high bilirubin count.  I noticed this morning his eyes were looking a bit yellow, but didn't think much of it due to all the medication and the daily TPN.

I will probably go early in the morning depending on what the CAT scan shows.  I will call if I hear of anything different if I don't have access to a computer.