[willowbrook] Judy Neergaard's Mom-Gert Haviland

Judy Neergaard jhnath at knology.net
Wed Jan 10 20:22:55 CST 2007

Mom wasn't feeling well last week and my sister Susie was worried.  She
took her to the ER on Monday and she was dehydrated and having some
pain.  She is down to 82 lbs. Here is the latest from Susie. Thanks for
your prayers/

The doctor said today that the mri showed a compression in the L1 of
her spine, but it is also protruding close to her spinal cord.  This is
and probably has been the cause of her back pain and weakness in her
legs.  She will be looked at by a radiologist and neurologist.  This
can cause inability to walk and bowel and bladder problems.  She looks
and feels very weak today.  She doesn't feel like eating.  I will go
back again later and I will write again.  Tomorrow they are going to
inject cement to stabilize the fracture and the pain should go away.
She is very uncomfortable now and looks bad.  Cross your fingers that
it works.