Bugs in the FreeCOM
[ Mailing List ] -
[ Bugs ] -
[ To Do ] -
[ Wish List ] -
[ History ]
List of Commands
- COMMAND.COM has problems when loaded from the CONFIG.SYS. Apperently MSDOS
does not create an inital environment, so COMMAND.COM has to It does not.
[May be fixed now]
When switching to a drive with no disk in it, it doesn't notice, and
you get garbage.
Listing the directory of an unformatted drive will result in the screen filling with
garbage and the system hanging.
From: Rob Lake
- From: Steffan
- let set work with or without the '=' sign. People like it that
- The DEL access()/stat() stuff is still broken (included in my last
- From: Yury Semenov
- "alias v = dir" doesn't work because of the spaces. [Fixed]
- From: John P. Price
- History. If you typed a long command line (one that wraps to the
next line), then if you go back and forth with the up and down
keys, it scrolls the screen in a weird way.
- command.com uses too much memory!
- make filename completion search for exe and com files that match if
you press tab while typing the first word (the command).
- Typing "?" or "??" runs the first program that
matches, likewise with the "*". Wildcards should not be accecpted
- From: Charles Dye
- DIR displays incorrect year values for dates 1-1-2000 or later.
Perhaps it would be better to always display years as four
DIR /P automagically adjusts to different screen heights. Great!
But DIR /W doesn't adjust to different widths. [Fixed]
- CD followed by a drive letter (but no directory name) should
display the current directory for the specified drive.
- VER displays the version of COMMAND.COM -- good. But it should
also show the DOS version as well. It might also be nice if VER
checked for FreeDOS specifically (OEM number of FDh) and
displayed a special message, the DOS-C build number, etc.
Furthermore, it might be a good idea to reserve /R for detailed
DOS info like DOS-is-high, DOS-is-in-ROM, subversion, etc. (like
MS- and PC DOS do.)
- DEL / ERASE now support the badly-missed /P switch. Great! Put it
in the DEL /? syntax screen! Also, DEL misses files with the
Hidden and System attributes -- I'm not sure whether that's a
bug or a deliberate feature. [Fixed] Note: This was actually
done by Tim, when I worked on the command I left it that way. -- Rob
- Command line like:
cd ..dir/w breaks.
- When executing a program the path is searched first before the
[ Contributors ] -
[ Distributions and Patches ] -
[ Commands ]
[ Developer's Page ]
Page created and maintained by Rob Lake
(with a little help from John Price :-)