[GCFL-discuss] April 1st funny

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Apr 6 18:21:09 CDT 2004

Lou,
        First I need to apologize if I offended you.  It was not meant as such.
        After getting you message I re-read the joke in an effort to re-evaluate my position and I must conclude the same.  I do not see anything in there that I would be offended at even if I was Catholic.  I think this joke has a lot of whit and does a very good job of comparing pre-reformation Catholicism to modern day Microsoft.  During the Middle Ages the Catholic Church did claim exclusive rights to distributing the Bible, even to keeping it in Latin so that only the clergy could read it.
       Again I apologize if what I said offended you.

Eagle