[GCFL-discuss] Old cowboy goes to church

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Apr 28 08:21:43 CDT 2004

Okay ...Okay.......

Maybe everyone has just seen big blinking red lights that say "Vanity", when it comes to the emails I've been sending out.

Look...God is real. He is a friend, a father, and a listener.
When someone is that real to me, I WANT to dress my best. I don't know how else to say it too you all, to make you understand my point of view.

Everyone has come to the same conclusion that the clothes don't make the person. It's not like I'm disagreeing with that aspect. Clothes don't make the person. If a person comes to 'church', we should all greet him...no matter what he wears. Because he came there for god not a fashion show.

The point you ALL are not getting...and maybe never will....is that in your heart when you go to 'church' putting on "showy display of ones means" is wrong. I'm saying we should be CAREFUL in what we wear.

I personally wouldn't want to STUMBLE others. Why can't you get that about what I'm saying??? Worshiping god and his son is what were there for. What better reason do you need to have to look your best.
What example are we setting for our children? Back in the day, 'church' was always put SO high. Woman wore gloves and long dresses. Now today, it's wear jeans and it's fine. Where do you draw the line?

I'm not here to preach. I love my god and I will continue to always appriciate the fine things he has blessed me with. I will show that through my conduct and way of dress.

You speak of the presidents....would you respect them if they always wore jeans and tshirts when they represented our country to others????
No you wouldn't. Because.....they are representing you as well.
Don't you think that should apply to church as well? Does you pastor or father wear jeans and tshirts??? NO.....because.....they represent god.   What makes then different than you??

Posh