[GCFL-discuss] Liveing in the past

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 28 23:38:26 CDT 2004

Yes and No I think. Hunter gathers  hunt  all day for food, that would be
considered their job, to find something to put into the pot to feed the
tribe, that and keeping the wild animals away. I think that the few lucky
tribes that happened to be in a very fertile area such as the Nile Valley
would be the ones with time on their hands. Protein (meat) wasn't easy to
come by until farming started up. And of course they were the meat if they
were not careful. How is it that the pyramids were built in Egypt and South
America and not North America. I think that life was a little harder here
because of the weather. People here and other places with our weather were
always thinking about tomorrows dinner.

I can agree about technology making more work, however it dose make life
easier. I haven't used a washboard in years.

Dave