[GCFL-discuss] Spain -- bombing in Madrid

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 15 11:54:03 CST 2004

Green Bubble,
      I know that if we had been holding an election on Sept 15, 2001, Bush
would dominated.  I doubt that it would happen again since Bush has put so
much of this administration to the "War or Terrorism."  An attack right
before the election would make people wonder if all the money and time we
have put into this are worth it.
    On a slightly different note, I don't see how Spain and Sept 11th are
THAT close.  On Sept 11th the managed to hijack 4 airplanes and use them as
giant missiles.  This takes a HUGE amount or planning before hand (training
as pilots, comparing flight schedules, assembling teams ect...).  What
happened in Spain is 5 (or 6) people walked onto a train with a bag full of
explosives.  Given the equipment most college students (and not a few high
schoolers) could rig the wiring inside to detonate to a cell phone call.
This event could be fully planned in two weeks if they needed to.  Yes it is
tragic that it happened and all the more proof that terrorist need to be
stopped, but I just don't see it as "Spain's 9/11," which I have heard it
referred to.  (Not to mention the dead toll was over a factor of 10 lower).

Eagle