[GCFL-discuss] Counseling

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue May 4 08:24:51 CDT 2004

Nancy,

    Me and my husband are happy for the most part, and the one thing that we have that is awesome is communication.  Our problems in marriage mostly stem from our very different cultural backgrounds, but we talk things thru.  I also have a problem with his parenting style, buy he does as I ask when I see him parenting "wrong".  I have asked him to take parenting classes and he says the kids should take kid classes (he is an idiot)  :)  I have asked him to go to counseling and he says that he doesn't have a problem, I do.  So that just is dumped and when we fight, the fights are really huge because of these underlying factors.  But, we always work things out.

I am so sorry to hear about your son.  Remember that he is in our prayers.  I do go to church with my husband, because I want to set a great example for my children.  I have been thinking about converting to his religion.  It makes me angry when I go to church and the father tells me that our marriage is not valid in the eyes of the church.  I just want to look at him and scream!  It is valid in the eyes of the Lord and that is all that matters to me!  Anyway, I have baptized the children as Catholic and I think it would be to my advantage to learn the religion in case my babies have questions.

Yolanda Cruz
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Business for Life
Phone: (815) 391-9241