[GCFL-discuss] Dobson

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon May 17 12:05:50 CDT 2004

Could you please show some examples of where Dobson was "so inexplicably crude and obtuse in other pronouncements." please. I need some evidence before I can discuss that.

Lance
All the people, lemme hear you give a holler:
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
We stamp it on our penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
IN GOD WE TRUST! IN GOD WE TRUST!
-- "Indivisible" by Pillar

-- gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net wrote:
Hi Jeff, glad to have something new to discuss.

I sometimes visit a Lutheran church that regularly distributes copies of
Dr. Dobson's column in church bulletins. I find his advice on raising
children to be thoughtful, compassionate, firm, and quite useful.

Occasionally I also hear something on the news about his taking some
political position or other, and I wonder how the same man could be so
right in the area that made his reputation, and so inexplicably crude and
obtuse in other pronouncements.

Perhaps it is because, like many of the more publicized religious leaders
today, he cannot distinguish what belongs to Caesar from what belongs to
God, and therefore does not know what to render to whom.