[GCFL-discuss] Fathers

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 20 19:22:58 CDT 2005

/* GCFL wishes all the fathers a Happy (belated) Father's
Day (US holiday)!

It won't be long before John (the guy that keeps GCFL
running) will be an official Father. Estimated time of
arrival is now August 25th! More updates later. */

I went into a Key Food market while changing buses on my way home from
church on Father's Day, and it seemed every woman in the store was
wishing each other "Happy Father's Day to YOU too." Some were single
mothers, who try as best they can to be both mother AND father to their
children. One said "even when the man is there, we STILL do all the
work." I had no doubt it was true, for those speaking.

One man I met on the way to the first bus stop asked me if I was a
father. I said no, I'm not, but it hardly matters, there are so many
children in the world who need any adult available to pay more attention
to helping them along.

But happy almost Father's Day John. That is one baby who WILL have a real
father, and I infer there is a mother who will play her own unique role
in raising the child also.