[GCFL-discuss] Re: [GCFL.net] goy or goyim

gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Mar 21 14:12:15 CST 2005

Green,

The definition from Webster's New World College dictionary is:
a non-Jew; gentile: often used contemptuously.    From this definition, it
appears it is an insult to be called a goy/goyim.  I guess it depends on who is
calling whom a goy and I'm sure you are correct about inflection.

It (the term) reminded me of a passage of scripture in which a woman from
Caanan was looking for help for her daughter.  At first her request was denied
because she was not Jewish.  (The term "dog" was used - referring to her
Canaanite heritage)   But because of her persistance and smarts her daughter was
helped.

God bless you abundantly today and always!

"Rev. Ev"