[GCFL-discuss] Remember September 17

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Sep 12 20:14:51 CDT 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:38:38 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
> Thank you, Siarlys.  I am a direct descendant of General Robert E.
> Lee and recognize him as a brilliant military man.  And thank God his
army
> lost.
> Jeanene

VERY nice way of putting it Jeanene. You really covered everything,
without any contradiction. I think General Lee might have agreed -- after
the war was history of course. He was not a fan of secession, and he did
advocate gradual emancipation, but never figured out how to make it
happen. If he could have defended Virginia from invasion, without at the
same time fighting for the confederacy, he would have done it. And of
course, General Scott wanted Lee to command the federal army.