[GCFL-discuss] FW: Dear Abby 12/14/06

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Dec 14 11:55:31 CST 2006

That's awesome Greenbubble! At first I kept looking for simularities with
the signer. Then I got smart and realized it's the people the quote's
talking about. Funny man!!
~LAnce

On 12/14/06, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List <
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

> This is today's  Dear Abby column.
> greenBubble

> Dear Abby by Abigail Van Buren
>
> SOME PEOPLE AND OCCUPATIONS MATCH WELL WITH THEIR NAMES
>
> DEAR ABBY: Not long ago you wrote a column that mentioned funny names
> that match people's occupations. I am submitting two more: Prior to our
> wedding, my husband and I had the state-required blood tests. They were
> administered by a Dr. Fix. (We later read that Dr. Fix was caught giving
> himself one, and was arrested on drug charges.) The minister who married
> us was aptly named Dr. Comfort. -- ANN B., ARCHER, FLA.
>
> DEAR ANN: Thanks for a "Fixer"-upper of a letter. It arrived with a
> bushel of mail from other readers offering names that match occupations.
> Read on:
>
> DEAR ABBY: One of my dearest friends is a professional landscaper of
> golf courses, highways and schools. His name? Ross Weed! -- BONNIE G.
> CHAPIN, S.C.
>
> DEAR ABBY: My husband, last name Graves, is a funeral director. --
> DIANNE G., RIPLEY, MISS.
>
> DEAR ABBY: The first time I took my grandchildren to their doctor, their
> regular physician was on vacation. The doctor who was filling in for him
> was named Dr. Needle. I kid you not. -- THERESA S., SPARROW BUSH, N.Y.
>
> DEAR ABBY: When I was in college, the disciplinary dean's name was Dick
> Justice. -- BRIAN S., NAPERVILLE, ILL.
>
> DEAR ABBY: I have a couple of names that take the cake. I am a nurse in
> a large hospital in central Wisconsin. We had a plastic surgeon named
> Dr. Hacker, and if that wasn't enough, his resident was Dr. Wacker. Not
> surprisingly, their patients required a lot of reassurance. Wouldn't
> you? -- LORI FROM THE DAIRY STATE
>
> DEAR ABBY: While I was serving at the Marine Corps Schools in Quantico,
> Va., my best friend took me with him when he had his vasectomy. His
> physician's name was Dr. D. Nutter. -- PAT M., DALLAS
>
> DEAR ABBY: There is a dentist here in my city whose hygienist's last
> name is Toothacher. -- GLEN IN TEXAS
>
> DEAR ABBY: In Portland, Ore., where I reside, there are three
> orthodontists: Dr. Payne, Dr. Fear and Dr. Rensch (pronounced "Wrench")!
>

> DEAR ABBY: I swear this is true: When I visited my first gynecologist
> when I was in college (the University of Massachusetts at Amherst), his
> name was Dr. Clapp. -- V. COOK, BLUE HILL, MAINE
>
> DEAR ABBY: When I worked at a major hospital, from time to time I would
> see trauma victims with the attending doctor's name being "Dr. Kill."
> Initially I thought it was a hospital code for victims who might still
> be at risk. As it turned out, Dr. Kill is a practicing physician. --
> SABRINA IN SAN DIEGO
>
> DEAR ABBY: My greatest nightmare of a college textbook was for a class
> called "History and Systems of Psychology." It was better than a
> sleeping pill. It put students to sleep in 10 seconds flat. The author?
> Edwin G. Boring. -- KAY IN MILLFORD, DEL.

> [...]

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...