[GCFL-discuss] Reply to "Rafting with a Hole in Your Raft"

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Wed Jun 21 13:38:50 CDT 2006

Carla,

  What a great story! I admire gutsy people who do what has to be done when roadblocks are thrown in their paths. You're the third person who has mentioned "The World is Flat" as a great read. I'm getting the message, I'm getting the message! Off to the library website I go to reserve a copy! Thanks!

  It's amazing what we can do when we have to. My older sister and I in four days got our disabled younger brother on food stamps, on general assistance, on a short (30-90 days) waiting list for low-income housing, and on an appointment list for his Medicaid physical exam, neurological exam, and psychological exam. "They" said it couldn't be done, but with a combined 82 years experience in the business world, we got it done.(Geeze, 82 years - that makes us sound older than we are, but when you start working when you're 18.... the years add up!) Perseverance, kindness, politeness, and firmness got the job done.

  Lance,

  I love it..."Wow I'm now 26 and still don't feel any different"  Guess what?! I'm 62 and I  don't feel any different either! Except I like where I am now better than where I was when I was 26. It sounds like you're enjoying being 26. Good for you!

  I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago celebrating my son's 40th birthday. He had bemoaned the fact that he wasn't in life where he thought he would be and he really didn't want a party. But his sister convinced him that a party was a good idea. Little did he know we had contacted several of his friends from high school. Boy, was he surprised! At the end of the party, he made a toast to his sister and me (hostesses of the party), and he said, "If I had known having a 40th birthday party would be so much fun, I'd have turned 40 six months ago!"

  kateinmo
  aka kensmom, kathrynsmom, and Kay