[GCFL-discuss] Tithing only applies in Israel- "who says, ?"

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Jun 26 08:54:05 CDT 2006

Dear Carla,

This may be getting a little technical here, but the Scripture you cite
supports what the rabbi told me. It does not say "bring your gold and
silver coin into the Temple." It explicitly refers to food. And the
blessing from the floodgates of heaven would be, in its turn,
agricultural.

That your faith is rewarded, regardless of the particulars, is the real
blessing for you. I do not tithe, but somehow everything in my life is
woven together for good, in ways I could not possibly have forseen. The
first thing I give thanks for is that I am always provided for. Of course
God keeps his promises. But, do any of us fully comprehend what those
promises are?

Siarlys

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:00:12 -0400 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies