[GCFL-discuss] Emergency Alert

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Nov 3 20:28:29 CDT 2007

You're joking right?? He's not really looking to stop recycling and
increasing emissions?? That doesn't make any sense. Or is that the joke? I'm
confused.
~Lance

On 11/3/07, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List <
gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net> wrote:

>  This isn't ready for prime-time (aka appearance as an official GCFL
> joke), but I just read the funniest James Dobson fundraising letter in the
> Nov/Dec issue of the *Wittenburg Door*. I won't take your time with the
> full text, but here are some of key excerpts:
>
> In all my years in the ministry, I have never seen a threat like the one
> facing us now!
>
> We will need money, and lots of it.
> That's where you come in.
> We need you to give sacrificially. We need you to give like you've never
> given before.
>
> <So, what is all this building up to? Prepare yourself, gentle reader...>
>
> We are now facing a Gay-Green threat: Homosexual activists who also seek
> to limit carbon emissions and promote recycling, as well as a sustainable
> lifestyle!
>
> Even as I write this, publishing companies are printing propaganda which
> will be forced upon our elementary school children; books with titles like
> *Heather's Two Mommies Join the Sierra Club*, *Daddy's Roommate Buys a
> Prius*, and *Help! Holy Breeders are Killing my Planet*.
>
> As a form of protest, I encourage Christians all across the United States
> to set fire to their green recycling trash bins on the first day of
> December.
>
> Also, and more importantly, please call us today, to contribute to this
> vital fight for truth. Please be sure to have your credit card ready when
> you call.
>
> As our special gift to you, when you donate today, I would like to send
> you a free, charmingly illustrated book, called *I Drive a Big Car Because
> I serve a Big God*. And rest assured, it is NOT printed on recycled paper.
>
> <Disclosures. Personally, I believe that there is no better way for a
> parent to raise children than to read Dobson's *Focus on the Family
> Bulletin* and Dr. Benjamin Spock's *Baby and Child Care*. They are a great
> pair of resources that complement each other very well. But I have no idea
> how a man who wrote Dobson's sound advice on child rearing could make such a
> godawful fool of himself in public.>

No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...