[GCFL-discuss] Jeanene - My Apology

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Dec 11 20:21:47 CST 2008

I think apologies are greatly over-rated in our modern extra sensitive
culture.
Spontaneous apologies, like I bump into someone and say "Oh, excuse me"
before I even think about it, or "I'm sorry" the moment I hear something
went wrong, are entirely appropriate and help prevent half of us from
killing the other half every day. But "you owe me an apology" renders the
whole thing unsound: if I'm sorry, I'll say so, if I don't, I'm probably
not, if you are offended, you have as much right to free speech as I do,
so offend me right back, if I'm even listening.

Siarlys

P.S. This is a test. I think John has me blacklisted, even though I
faithfully adhered to his two week moratorium.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:59:20 -0800 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Wow did I miss something? I thought your pearls of wisdom was great
~Lance

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies