[GCFL-discuss] Dull

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Sat Jan 19 23:38:12 CST 2008

Nope, nuh-uh, not happening, negatory, no way, guess again.
I was BORN into a Baptist home and when I moved away from home chose a community church that believed in the 5 points of Calvinism and was reformed (as in The Reformation) in its theology.  My father thought I had joined a cult!  For the past 20 years I have been active in the Evangelical Covenant Church which grew out of Sweden.  Our church is friendly, active in the community, and Bible-based.  Sadly, our pastor does NOT believe in predestination or preach about the sovereignty of God.  He believes in the free will of man.
I don't even remember a discussion of Episcopalians and homosexuality/marriage.  That must have been on a different discussion list.  I read a book called "Growing Up Baptist" and I laughed so hard I thought I would bust a gut.  It was true on so many levels and yet wasn't offensive because I felt like I was poking fun at it myself.

I have been privileged to attend Evensong at Oxford University.  Was a bishop involved in that?

I now think of you as a male, I'll have you know.  My elder, but not yet 50.  Maybe I'll send you a picture of me sitting in a pew with a bulletin in my hand with the piano/pianist in the background and the pastor behind the pulpit.  Too bad I only have memories of those images, not actual pictures.

And what's up with the last comment?!?  I think it might have hurt my feelings!  (Now how do I make an emoticon that is a crying, sad face?)

Jeanene