[GCFL-discuss] A Tale of Two Free Rides

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Fri May 2 20:33:38 CDT 2008

There are many reasons I would not want both Hillary and Obama on the
same ticket.

One is I won't vote for Hillary. I don't trust her at all. She's a
scheming, conniving, self-serving, power-hungry creature whose ruling
principle is "I want my turn now." The best thing she's done to repackage
herself is to adopt all the positions that seemed to draw votes for
Obama, after realizing that what she thought was going to draw votes when
she started out wasn't quite where it was at. But she will change again
anytime she thinks it is to her advantage.

The second is, neither one of them would do very well as segundo to the
other, or to anyone else either. Whoever is not running for president can
serve their party and their country better in the senate -- that is,
giving Hillary the benefit of the doubt that she can serve her party or
her country in some productive manner.

I wish Edwards was still in the race. This nonsense about winnowing down
the field is bad for both parties. It means some very real shades of
opinion within each party end up not being represented at all. And if
Obama trips, I don't want Hillary by default. I want a chance at someone
who might have been closing in on the nomination now if Obama hadn't
inspired more voters in more states in February. I'd also like to see
Huckabee  have more of a voice, although he disappointed me in the end,
and probably Giuliani represents some real portion of Republicans,
although I don't trust him any more than Hillary.

I read that Hillary said "If we had the Republican Party rules, I'd be
the nominee already." Interesting thought. Maybe she should run as a
Republican.

Siarlys

On Fri, 2 May 2008 08:18:21 -0700 "Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies
Interesting news. And some great points. I heard the other day someone
saying Both Hillary and Obama on the ticket. I'm not sure the Democrats
would have much success if they had to split their votes twice to the
Republicans 1.