[GCFL-discuss] Fw: [GCFL.net] How Times Have Changed

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Mon Feb 23 18:36:29 CST 2009

I fixed the broken third scenario.  See below.

Am I an old-timer now?  I am only 50, but spent many formative years in a small (2,500 winter population, 5,000 summer population) western mountain town in central Arizona.
A lot of the boys in high school drove to school in their trucks with gun racks (with rifles or shotguns) on the back window.  It wasn't scary or bad or dangerous.  My dad's truck/jeep had them too.
In that same town, the teachers in our elementary and jr high gave swats to deserving kids in the hallway outside the classroom.  We could all hear the swats being delivered and knew why they were getting them and knew to straighten up ourselves!  I don't remember a girl every getting a swat -- I guess boys were the only ones that needed them.  <grin>
Was that so bad?
Jeanene
- People complain I'm absorbed and self-centered.  And this affects me how?