[GCFL-discuss] Wright

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jan 29 21:21:30 CST 2009

Disassociation is an understatement. Obama crafted one of the most finely
balanced responses to a bit of outcry, elevated the entire tone of the
debate, and Wright takes advantage of the limelight to come crashing in
spouting the worst nonsense he had ever come up with, multiplied a
hundred fold. So Obama cut all ties. Wright might have gotten a standing
ovation from the NAACP, but every African American I know wanted him to
shut up, except one good friend who, right up to Nov 5, kept asking me
"Do you really think they're going to let a black man become president."
Frankly I said, I don't think "they" care anymore. "They" have milked the
race thing for all its worth, and they have other fish to fry now.
Anyway, Obama was the last person who would invite Wright to offer one
word in any public setting. He has a pulpit, he can say whatever he wants
there, to whoever wants to listen to him.