[GCFL-discuss] Fw: Words Matter on Iran

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jun 18 19:25:21 CDT 2009

I'm not forwarding this to anyone likely to be a charter member of the
John Kerry fan club. I never saw much sense in preaching to the choir.
And frankly, this is the first sensible analysis I've heard from John
Kerry in more than ten years, perhaps thirty. But he is, in my seldom
humble opinion, right on target this time.

I still remember with pride helping to design a leaflet in 1971,
publicizing the appearance of a member of Vietnam Veterans Against the
War. We quickly realized that we were going to draw the same old crowd of
committed activisits, unless... Unless our leaflet advertised "Electronic
Warfare, the Battlefield of the Future." We got a room full of American
Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars guys. They gave the veteran a
respectful hearing too. It didn't change their minds, but it was a
fruitful discussion.

Siarlys