[GCFL-discuss] Fw: [GCFL.net] Bluenecks: Northerners (OppositeofRednecks)

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Nov 10 23:25:45 CST 2009

Jeanene
When I saw your email, I did not realize it was a response to Siarlys'
email; i thought he sent it again, but i was too polite to say so.

Ok. with tongue firmly in cheek, I'm ready to respond.

greenBubble

As a born and bred Northener, having always lived in NYC (except 2.5
years studying abroad) i didn't find the joke funny, just as most
"rednecks" probably don't see the humor in Redneck jokes.

A pocketbook is that gigantic holdall that women carry over their
shoulder.  A purse, carried inside the pocketbook, is a smaller pouch
where they keep money, credit cards, etc., that they actually need to be
able to find quickly.  Anything loose in the pocketbook is lost until
she spills all its contents onto the table and puts them back one by
one.  (like the card game "52-pickup")

Of course we don't barbecue during the winter; barbecuing is a summer
tradition so the house doesn't get hotter than it is.  As a verb,
barbecue is spelled as it's pronounced.  As a noun or adjective, it is
spelled "BBQ".

Personally, i can't stand ketchup, but ketchup has saved many a
marriage.  Recognizing that I don't like ketchup, G-d, in His wisdom,
sent me a wife who knows how to cook.

I would buy produce from the vendor on the street, and wash it well, but
prepared foods, generally not.  Very few of those stands are reliably
Kosher.

I never realized that Diet Rite Cola was made by RC.  But Diet Rite had
sacharine, not nutra-sweet.  Sacharine was recalled (then made a
comeback) because it allegedly caused cancer; arguably a protection
agains altzheimers.  i vaguely remember that the scuttlebut at the time
was that sugar industry used its influence to get it off the market.

i was taught that at home, or in a formal setting, you eat chicken with
knife & fork.  If you have a can or small bottle of soda, you pour it
into a cup.  If you're on a picnic, you eat chicken with your fingers
and drink from the can.

Most people i know have two first names.  but men have men's names and
women have women's names.

Good, I was able to get my tongue out.

greenBubble