[GCFL-discuss] US not allowing international packages over a pound

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Thu Jan 20 20:04:27 CST 2011

*Has anyone heard of this?*:

Due to a new resolution from the United States of America, packages over 453
grams (1 pound) are not able to enter the United States.

Some packages under 453 grams might be delayed at customs for security
reasons.

Unfortunately there´s not much information available.

Any information will be appreciated.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030642_TSA_airmail.html

http://harajuju.net/printthread.php?tid=205

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/11/security-theater-the-ripples-spread-to-japan/66542/

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?422483-The-scoop-on-what-s-going-on-with-packages-arriving-in-USA-and-delayed-from-all-of-EU&p=7364550

There's a ton of foreign posts freaking out. There's even a Japanese gent
who posted on the TSA's blog website asking what's going on but I didn't see
a reply...
BUT for the life of me, I cannot find any official statement from the US
announcing they were pulling this stunt! Anyone know what's going on? Anyone
have any official word on this?

Thanks!
No animals were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a few million electrons were extremely inconvenienced...