[GCFL-discuss] Subject: [GCFL.net] Welcome

Discussion of the Good, Clean Funnies List gcfl-discuss at gcfl.net
Tue Sep 6 07:45:58 CDT 2011

Of course you all knew I'd have something to say about this one.

The little girl's parents need to show some creativity and initiative --
don't get mad, get even. (This is one reason I'm not a liberal -- they
don't try hard enough. Also, they seem determined to let the so-called
"conservatives" have all the guns. Stupid. John Brown wasn't a liberal.)

Let's say that Merry Pettijohn's house and yard are a metaphor for our
nation. That was his idea basically.

We have crumbling bridges that are going to fall into rivers and lakes
during rush hour some morning -- nobody knows which morning. We have a
system for transmitting electricity that is ready to go out when we least
expect it, and loses a huge percentage of power on the way to our homes
and businesses, its so inefficient. The only reason I can't catch an
evening train out of Chicago and arrive in New York the next morning is
that the trains run over old, poorly maintained freight tracks, and the
freight doesn't care how fast it arrives.

So, instead of paying welfare in various forms to people who are able
bodied and have half a brain or more, why don't we hire them to put all
of this infrastructure in order, or rebuild it new, to last for the next
century?

My mother, the life-long Republican in the family, thinks this is the way
to go, but you know what most people in Washington, or any state capital
would say?

"Welcome to the Democratic Party."

Of course we would have to pay for all this. We can't afford to borrow
the money from China and go deeper into debt. It would cost somewhat more
to HIRE people to do WORK than what goes into welfare payments.

Pettijohn is ready to dig into his pocket to pay $50 to have the work
done.

Is America?

Y'all have a nice week after Labor Day...

Siarlys

P.S. We haven't had a good debate here for a while. I've been dueling
with an Orange County faux conservative at http://garyfouse.blogspot.com
for a while. I'm creaming him. He could use some support if anyone has a
little free time. You game Jeanene? Lance might even agree with me
sometimes.