[willowbrook] FW: Reflections from Connie

Taylor, Doug douglas.taylor at intergraph.com
Fri Sep 17 13:32:36 CDT 2004

fyi

________________________________
From: Connie Taylor [mailto:dugncon at knology.net]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 1:05 PM
To: Taylor, Doug
Subject: Reflections from Connie

I found out today that the cancer is gone.  I thought I would
be jumping up and down, but am more in awe or dazed or
something. I find it hard to accept that this ordeal is over
except for follow-up appointments. I find it difficult to
believe the cancer is actually gone, even though there are no
signs of it.  I just have to trust God and the doctors that I
am healed.

I have a few "war wounds"  that may never go away due to the
radiation and the chemo. A friend of mine said that could be
God's way of helping me remember what I've been through. I
never want to go through this valley again, but I never want to
forget it either.  And most of all, I never want to forget the
One who brought me through it and all the wonderful people God
used to comfort us and bless us.

The Bible teaches that God will never put us through more than
we can handle.  There were days when I wasn't sure I could
handle any more.  But God stayed with me, even when I was ready
to give up. I say that to remind you that even when we face the
valleys, God is still there.

As I climb out of this valley, I'm looking foward to reaching
the mountain top. My final prayer request is for my body to
finish its healing process, that the cancer will NEVER return
and that God will continue to be glorified.

Connie