Monday, October 3, 2022|
|College Students and Thanksgiving |
Date: Sent Thursday, November 22, 2007
|Rating: 2.79/5 (239 votes)
Click a button to cast your vote
The Top Ten Reasons College Students Are Looking Forward to Thanksgiving Break and Going Home for the Holidays:
10. You'll know that your turkey is a Butterball rather than a Grade E yet semi-edible fur ball.
9. Your mother will not be serving your mashed potatoes and stuffing with an ice cream scooper.
8. Pumpkin pie is a great alternative to green Jello.
7. After your eighth glass of cider, your emergency dash to the bathroom will not be delayed by having to run down a long hallway, only to find you
must wait in line.
6. Clean underwear, comfortable bed, access to a car, bedroom larger than a 12x14 cell ... okay, even if it is for only four days.
5. To eat your meals, the only trek you'll have to make is from the couch to the kitchen, rather than the dorm to the dining hall in below freezing
4. Instead of listening to "When I first started teaching here..." you can be entertained by "When your mother was your age..." and "During the
Depression we weren't lucky enough to have Brussels sprouts. Heck, all we could afford was the sprout!"
3. You can eat your corn steamed with butter rather than popped in your microwave.
2. You'll know the hair in the shower drain is your own.
And, the number one reason college students are looking forward to Thanksgiving...
1. You won't be eating your Thanksgiving meal off a tray!
Received from Bobby.