Sunday, October 25, 2020|
|Forecast from the Fifties |
Date: Sent Friday, September 4, 2020
|Rating: 3.97/5 (62 votes)
Click a button to cast your vote
(1) "I'll tell you one thing. If things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."
(2) "Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long when $5000 will only buy a used one."
(3) "If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."
(4) "Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging dime just to mail a letter?"
(5) "The Government is wanting to get its hands on everything. Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to run a family business or farm."
(6) "If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."
(7) "When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 50 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the
(8) "Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as
long as the girls."
(9) " I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone with the Wind,' it seems
every movie has a 'hell' or' damn' in it."
(10) "Also, it won't be long until couples are sleeping in the same bed in the movies. What is this world coming to?"
(11) "I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the of the century. They even have some
fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."
(12) "Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll
be making more than the president."
Received from Don Murchie.